Friday 17 April 2009

Hellooooo!!!! anyone there???????? (Deepen Rambling)



Way back in my past, ooooooh in the 19?*'s, when men were MEN and sheep were nervous(or so I am relyably informed) and I was a scruffy little "Tiche"(like last week)............the point is.........if I can keep my thoughts straight for more than a second(and no have not touched a drop of ouwt) sitting back to retrain the thoughts. The point is, lets say for convienience,"Quite a long time since", how's that???..........Now where woz I ???????? Oh yes, we as kids were always experimenting with our own very crude communications devices( as well as other things cough! cough! urhum!). As I recall, my fellow Tiche and I had a piece of string stretched across the road to around the back of our houses and leading to our bedroom windows and a small cardboard box. Now believe it or not( and I dont care which you choose) we could speak to each other, as we had it arranged,after "bedtime".Dont you go running away with wrong ideas now, when I say speak to each other, I mean, not like we do today with our cellphones, but could make ourselves understood........ish.

Following that phase, there was the crystal set, chemistry set and I suppose the Boy Scouts and Girrrrlz!!!! phew!!!....... Just when things started to get interesting, along came National Service which to the uninitiated(think thats it) all young men, ONLY, no young ladies, were seconded for a period of two years to serve our glorious leaders and paid eff all for our trouble. OK, thats enough wingeing. Moving on..........Kenya was my destination with it's Mau Mau terrorists and as a trained telegraph operator was posted to a station 15miles outside Niarobi. The point we are slowly getting to is:- the communication devices ie radio transmitters and receivers were huge by todays standards, as large as a room and a large wardrobe respectively and yet at a guess were only perhaps 10% as powerfull as todays Cellphones, without all the cool gizmoes(of the cellphones that is) and only used a code...........Still with me?..............

Recently a new mobile came into my posession having dumped the old "wood burning"model (cant get the right wood)and after spending many hours "twiddling", as instruction books do ramble on more than this Blogg, find myself quite "up to date" (ish). Having virtually filled up all the memory with piccs(not mine........the phones you understand) made enquiries about downloading the images to my 'puter." This Bluetooth is the way" the man said ".what tooth??????" (modern man talking here) "Plug your Dongle into your USB port"........sounds painfull to me I thought but Hey! what the heck, dont knock it until you have tried it. I did......I have.........hey presto! one giant step for this member of my generation...............Deepen.

No comments:

Post a Comment