Monday 4 May 2009

"In my opinion"..............(Deepen Rambling.)




How many times do we hear and say this within a conversation? "My opinion is this"........"In my opinion"........."What's your opinion of".........Yes that's correct we all have one, for better or worse, even if the rest of the world (it sometime seems) disagree with us.
Of this I am certain..........Todays opinion can evaporate like the morning mist tomorrow and become something entirely different.

Now let me say, before I get into full flight, this blog is not one of those "Holy than Thou" occasions but merely an observation and of my own personnal experiences.

Some years ago (all too many for comfort) I was invited to make some comments to a Newspaper, in interview, on behalf of the Company employing me. As this experience was a "First" for me fell in the hole I excavated for myself and could not get out. There is, it would seem, lots of traps just waiting for the unwarey (like yours truly). I believe it fair to say, "Dont fish in unknown waters", but there I was giving it the almighty verbals, in full flight, running off at the cakehole to my deep regret. As the interview concluded I casually mentioned to the scribe," Of course I will need to approve all this before you publish"...........WOW!!.......what!! did I say? the reaction could not have been more hostile. At one point it would not have been a surprise if a National strike had ensued, well I can tell you, "One huge lesson learned that day".

There is a saying which is always close to my mind these days, "Keep ones cards close to ones chest", I suppose this origanates from the game of Poker ,mind you, knowing and doing are two different things.
Recently, whilst listening to a radio interview, was reminded of my own first time and how I too had an "Axe" to grind whilst letting my opinions vent freely, but looking back now it all seems so futile and pointless. Peoples opinions do not really matter to me or mine to them, as life moves on relentlessly and tomorrow is another day of opinions............in my opinion.........it's an ever changing opinion.
We can convince some of the people all of the time...........and all of the people some of the time............BUT, we cannot convince all of the people all of the time....................................Deepen.

No comments:

Post a Comment